Name: Xuân Mãi
Age: 14 (I'll be turning 15 this Saturday though)
Location: New York
What does your Live Journal name mean? I got it from a duet sung by Minh Tuyết and Nhật Trung called "Cà Phê Buồn" meaning "sad coffee" (yeah I know it sounds weird translated).
If could have any superhero power, what would it be? Or what superhero would you be?
To be able to speak and understand any language because well it would be nice to understand what other people are saying when you visit a foreign country since it's not really gonna help when you get lost and not know what to say to get directions.
THINGS THAT ARE LAME:
1. The low-carb craze
2. When people call at 3 AM
3. Seagulls (A seagull pooped on my friend the day before my birthday last year x.x;;)
4. Food poisoning
5. Exams/midterms/finals/whatever you call them
THINGS THAT ARE COOL:
2. Live shows
3. Paris By Night (it a Vietnamese variety show series that comes out on DVD with lots of cool singing, dancing, costumes, etc. And usually has at one comedy skit. It's hosted by Nguyễn Cao Kỳ Duyên and Nguyễn Ngọc Ngạn)
4. Friends (Not the TV show!! But your friends in general.)
5. Having no parents in the house and blasting your stereo and dancing like a complete idiot (even better when you have a couple of your best friends over)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Beauty and the Beast
RECORDS (not mp3 playlist): (Sorry, I don't listen to American music anymore, I only listen to Asian now)
Minh Tuyết - "Ngày Xưa Anh Hỡi"
Utada Hikaru - "First Love"
Phi Nhung & Mạnh Quỳnh - "Tân Cổ Giao Duyên 3"
BoA - "No. 1"
Như Quỳnh - "Tình Ơi Có Hay"
REASONS WHY YOU THINK YOU’RE COOL:
I can all the Jack Sparrow lines from POTC (don't know if that considered cool or not). I also write a few original stories (they've been neglected for a while though). And I can speak in three different languages (English, Spanish, and Vietnamese) and I know a little bit of Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandirin, and French.
WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU'VE EVER LEARNED?
That you should never stalk the mailbox when waiting for what you ordered online to be mailed. Because you're most likely to scare the UPS/FedEx/whatever other mail carrier away.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE FOOD OR FAVORITE TYPE OF FOOD?
Most Asian food. I love my springrolls and dim sum!!
WHO DO YOU THINK IS A GOOD ROLE MODEL WITHIN THE WORLD OF HOLLYWOOD? MALE AND FEMALE?
Does it have to be someone from Hollywood? Well I guess I can say I can put Dani Lee for female since she's and awesome dancer and great inspiritation for all of those who want to become a dancer. And for male I'll have to say Don Hồ he's a great singer with such a unique voice and some of the most creative performances (who else would've thought of using paper dolls during a performance?).